Warning About EFTPS Tax Phishing Emails!
Are You A PLR Junkie?
Click Here To Download my FREE PLR Article Packs!
I just wanted to tell you that Aweber was hacked earlier this week, so in case you are wondering about the source of the new deluge of "medical spam" or "EFTPS tax spam ", this might be it:
And here is Aweber's response to the issue (and as before, the comments are closed for the article):
It is possible that not everyone would be able to recognize these phishing emails; in fact the "pending tax" emails look so much like the official emails then it is hard to tell they are using scams. I would suggest that you let your friends and relatives know about this (easiest way would be to just send them all to my boring blog, LOL ). I believe that among all people, it is the kids and elders who are much more vulnerable to this spam than anyone else!
Sorry, I rather woke up late to this news; otherwise I would have sent it sooner. I know not much can be done regarding this, as the damage has already been done, email addresses been compromised, and the only thing we can now do to stop the deluge of spam on our own end. If you use Gmail this is rather easy!
If you are using your own mail client you can:
-Keep blacklisting the spam senders
-Use a third-party spam blocker tool like Mailwasher pro (note that Mailwasher pro is nothing when used out-of-the-box; you should also sign up for an annual subscription to a service called Firstalert as Mailwasher pro uses their database to recognize a lot of spam).
You can use any other robust spam-blocker tool or service or none at all; it is up to you!
It is rather painful, having to blacklist 20-30 email addressees per day, coming up with new email filtering ideas, and so on - a BIG waste of time. Anyway, I hope we are able to cope with it.
Now, why in the hell would these morons send out EFTPS spam to non-US citizens like me is just beyond me. Thankfully I am on very few Aweber lists, and if *I* am getting so much spam, I can only imagine what others are going through!
So, how have you been coping with this new flood of spam? Please share your thoughts by clicking here. Thanks
Want to Receive More Tips Like This? Subscribe to NuttieZine newsletter!
- Is Your List Filled With Invalid Emails? I am not talking about absolutely invalid emails. You can get rid of them quite easily using a double-optin method...
- Are You Getting Reported as a Spammer for Sending Legitimate Emails? That is the exact email I sent to my affiliates because I thought it would help them. Next day, my...
- Facebook Like Button Warning! If you are embedding the Facebook Like button on your site in FBML format it can artificially increase pageviews of...
- Too Many People Replying to My Emails! What Do I Do? From my experience, I have noticed that such leads are hot only when they join your list; so as soon...
- 4 Holiday Marketing Mistakes Many marketers make silly mistakes during the holidays. In today's article I have listed four such holiday marketing mistakes- check...